Consultation has closed
Thanks to everyone who participated. An engagement report will be available soon.
Developing a new master plan for Werribee South Beach is a key initiative under the Wyndham Coastal & Marine Management Plan (CMMP). Considerable community engagement has already been undertaken with Wyndham residents under the Wyndham Coastal & Marine Management Plan between 2018-2020. This has generated a lot of thinking and ideas around the future of Werribee South Beach. Survey data was also collected last year as part of the Werribee South Beach Lifeguarding trial, indicating a range of community facility enhancement preferences.
This phase of the community engagement process aims to check back in and better understand community support around some of the previously expressed ideas. A range of creative, practical and sociable project ideas were submitted that could make Werribee South Beach a more welcoming and fun place to visit.
We want to understand which ideas you like and how you rate the existing facilities to guide the future master plan.
Check out the map below and details of what is proposed at each numbered site.
How to get involved?
Get involved today by:
- Dropping a pin below to provide feedback on the ideas proposed for different locations
- Completing the short survey below
- Following the project by clicking on the follow button in the header to stay updated as this project progresses
- Create a deck and seating area overlooking the Werribee River at the western end of the Bay Trail.
- Upgrade the shared path to create a minimum 2.5 metre wide Bay Trail.
- Renew picnic facilities and shelters and plant shade trees.
- Create a Coastal Demonstration Garden using native plants that attract birds and wildlife, showing visitors how to increase coastal habitat values in private gardens in Wyndham. Provide seating and shaded areas to take in the views of the Werribee River and a space for food trucks to operate during the summer months.
- Make the playground more fun. Provide new play opportunities including sand and rope play and all abilities play elements.
- Update the picnic area including new shade and picnic tables.
- Install a fitness equipment station off the main path.
- Reshape the grassed area to provide a flatter, rolling lawn for picnics, sitting and ball games.
- Create a new Beach Precinct with path connections to facilities in Price Reserve including new shaded picnic facilities, an outdoor shower and change area, facilities for cyclists and a disabled drop off and pick up parking area.
- Provide an additional picnic shelter. Relocate the pavilion to the front of Price Reserve with facilities for sporting and community clubs and the Wyndham Coastguard located in one new building.
- Upgrade the public toilets to include Changing Places facilities for people living with disabilities.
- Provide more facilities for cyclists including bike parking, water bottle refill taps and a bike maintenance station.
- Improve path access to the beach including a wheelchair accessible path. Lay accessible beach matting to the shoreline during the summer months.
- Create a new picnic area at the end of the lawn.
- Improve facilities for fishing from the revetment wall including a deck, railing and seating.
- Install a staircase connecting the car park to the beach. Consider use of the beach as a dog off lead area.
Better Boating Victoria (BBV) have recently commenced a Community Consultation for the Werribee South Boat Ramp Upgrade.
The consultation period will run for four weeks commencing Friday 19 November and closing Friday 17 December.
All inquiries can be directed to the relevant BBV webpage (link below) which has a link to the survey, FAQs and further information about the project.
Members of the community who have additional questions can contact the Better Boating Victoria team directly at BBV.Communications@vfa.vic.gov.au
We encourage all Wyndham boat ramp users to participate in the BBV Community Consultation.