Rosslare Court Reserve is getting a makeover!
Project Update - Our final design is ready - June 2023
Since engagement closed, we've been working away on the detailed design for Rosslare Court Reserve. The final concept has be re-designed to reflect the feedback you shared during our engagement period. The design now:
- Includes an upgrade to the existing on-street parking on Rosslare Court, to provide more parking spaces and an accessible parking bay
- Includes a fitness equipment station
- Shows the footprint of the proposed wetland to be reduced by almost half, allowing for maximal lawn buffer between the houses along Hawthorne Drive and the wetland and potential snakes and mosquitos
- Shows the new location for the proposed public toilet. The location is still associated with the playspace to align with Council’s public toilet strategy, but is further away from Rosslare Court. This location was determined by Council arborists and an external Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) assessment
- Includes an upgrade to the pedestrian crossing (culvert) over Hoppers Crossing drain
You can view our final concept design below.
The proposed concept design will be delivered in four stages:
- Stage 1 - Playspace, public toilet, on-street car parking: The first stage of construction will include the playspace, picnic area, public toilet and on-street parking, and will be completed by the middle of 2024.
- Stage 2 – Wetland: The second stage will include the wetland and will commence construction following the completion of the Stage 1 playspace works.
- Stage 3 – Open lawn, half court, fitness station, culvert upgrade: The third stage will include the northern open lawn area, tree planting around the lawn area, half court, fitness station and culvert upgrade and will commence following the completion of the Stage 2 wetland works.
- Stage 4 – Dog off leash area: The dog off leash area will be delivered in a future year via the implementation of the Council’s dog off leash plan.
Rosslare Court Reserve - Final Concept Design
What will the new design include?
What will the new design include?
What does it look like now?
Rosslare Court Reserve is a large open space ready for an upgrade. Currently, the open areas of the Reserve provide a great opportunity to activate the space and provide new infrastructure for local residents.
View the below video to see what Rosslare Court Reserve currently looks like.
How did we get here?
First round of engagement
Our first round of engagement in August 2021 asked for ideas on how we could improve the Reserve, how you currently like to use the Reserve, what new features your would like included and for your feedback on our initial concept design.
What you told us
We made the following changes to our design for Rosslare Court Reserve based on what you told us last year.
- The playspace has been moved for a better connection with Rosslare Court as well as better viewpoints for safety.
- The existing dense tree planting will be thinned and only tall canopy trees will be kept for better visual access.
- The upgrade encourages more use of the Reserve, meaning more people around for an increased sense of safety.
- Improvements to the Hawthorn Drive play area will restrict monkey bikes in the Reserve.
- The playspace has been re-located to activate an underutilised area and make use of existing trees in the Reserve.
- Reducing the size of the playspace means we won't over-develop the natural Reserve and will keep the large lawn space.
- The natural elements of the Reserve are being improved with environmental wetland elements.
We received a lot of feedback around how you would like to use the upgraded Reserve:
- Scooting/cycling/loop track – we've included a circuit path in the design.
- Ball games/running – an open lawn space is included in the design.
- Exploring/touching – exploring spaces under existing trees, as well as nature play and rock swale is included.
- Picnic settings and seating – multiple seating areas with tree shade and two picnic areas are included.
- Balancing, climbing units and swings will be incorporated into play equipment.
How to get involved
Share your feedback on our plans to improve Rosslare Court Reserve so we can gain a better understanding of what you like about our concept design. Your feedback will be used to help shape the final detailed design of the upgrades for the space.
The survey closed on Sunday 11 December.
Come and chat with us!
Members of the project team will be at Rosslare Court Reserve on Tuesday 6 December from 11AM - 1PM and 3PM - 6PM.
No registration required, just come and meet the team and share your feedback in person or ask any questions you might have about Hoppers Junction.