The Jamieson Way Community Centre and Reserve Master Plan was officially endorsed by Council on Tuesday 26 April.
The implementation of the Master Plan be staged in line with affordability in the Long Term Financial Plan. The project will be designed in full and then staged for delivery, with the indoor sport facility to go ahead subject to the practicalities of staging and when funding is secured.
The Jamieson Way Community Centre and Reserve at Point Cook is one of Wyndham longest running and popular community centres, tennis courts, netball courts, open space and carparking.
Back in 2019, Council engaged with the Wyndham community about potential redevelopment of the centre. The contributions, feedback and input was used to help shape the final master plan. Since then, further consideration has been given to the inclusion of an indoor sports hall in the master plan.
The key strategic drivers for this project are:
- Wyndham City Plan 2017-21
- Council’s commitment to the provision of 3 and 4 year old kindergarten services
- The need to re-model the facility to ensure the building is fit for purpose based on current community learning centre model requirements
Key inputs from previous community engagement
Community engagement was carried out in 2019 that asked the local community what the centre means to them, what else the centre could be offering, and how we can make improvements to get the most effective use out of the internal and external spaces. Key highlights of the responses:
How to get involved
Council now wants to check in and see what the community thinks about the draft master plan.
- Look at the key elements in the images below and/or download the Master Plan and Report then
- Complete the Master Plan Feedback survey below and/or
- Attending a drop in session to chat with a Council Officer
- Click "+ Follow" in the banner above to stay updated as the project progresses