The master plan was adopted by Council on 5 May. See doument library for final plan.
Council is planning a range of improvements to the Wyndham Vale North Reserve located on Honour Avenue and Black Forest Road in Wyndham Vale and we'd like your feedback on the draft master plan.
The Draft Wyndham Vale North Reserve Master Plan will guide the potential future redevelopment of the reserve over the next ten years. A range of active open space facilities are proposed to create a space where people can engage in healthy activity and come together as a community.
The Draft Wyndham Vale Reserve Master Plan has been developed in line with the principles and recommendations from the Wyndham Sports Strategy 2045.
Planning for the reserve is divided into two stages:
Stage 1 (in red below) is responding to immediate demands for improvements to the sports grounds and pavilion.
Stage 2 (in blue below) incorporates Iramoo Community Centre, Iramoo Kindergarten, Iramoo Scouts, a CFA Shed and parkland. Planning for this stage will occur sometime in the future.
The reserve will include:
- 2 x ovals for cricket use with synthetic wickets
- 3 x soccer pitches overlay on 2 ovals
- New sports floodlighting for 2 soccer pitches to provide training standard lighting
- 3 x new cricket practice nets with space for future fourth net
- Upgrade and extensions to shared pavilion for use by cricket, soccer, drill dance including change rooms and other community user groups
- New coach/player benches and spectator viewing shelter
- Inter-generational play / fitness space
- Modifications to retaining walls, fencing, pedestrian paths and landscaping
- New barrier netting at the southern end of the reserve (Black Forest Road)
- Existing car park retained
How can you get involved?
Have your say on the Draft Wyndham Vale North Reserve Master Plan. Results from the survey will be used to finalise the master plan ahead of adoption by Council.
The survey should take approximately 2 minutes to complete and closes 16 October 2019.
Please review the draft master plan located in the document library ahead of completing the survey.
Attend an information session
Chat to the Wyndham Vale North Reserve Master Plan Project Team and share your thoughts about the project at a free community session:
- Sunday 22 September 2019, 11.00am to 1.30pm at the Sports Pavilion at the Reserve, 84 Honour Avenue, Wyndham Vale.
Keep up to date
This is a long term project so please subscribe using the 'Stay Informed' icon at the top of this page to keep up to date on what's happening.
Please note, you will need to register to this site before using the online engagement tools.