Wyndham City is calling for Expressions of Interest (EOI) from local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and non-Aboriginal people to become members of our second Reconciliation Advisory Committee (WRAC).
EOI Applications will close at 11:59PM on Wednesday 30 June.
- Do you live, work, study or volunteer in Wyndham?
- Are you aged 16 years or over?
- We're looking for people with…
- An understanding of the issues that impact Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- A commitment to social justice
- A willingness to discuss reconciliation
- Experience in reconciliation leadership
- Strong community relationships
- The ability to engage with a broad range of community views
If any of these points sound like you, get involved! We want to hear from you, have your voice heard!
Click here for our first Reconciliation Action Plan and read about our reconciliation commitments.
Other things to know before you fill out your Expression of Interest Form:
- Committee members:
- advance reconciliation in the City and encourage and seek broad Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander participation in Council services, activities and events
- advise Wyndham City Council on matters that affect Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in Wyndham City
- advise Council on its second Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP)
- Ten places are available on the Committee
- The majority of people on the Committee will be Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Some places on the Committee will also be left open for community members who express commitment to reconciliation without specific experience and expertise in key areas of our 2017-2019 Reconciliation Action Plan
- Committee members will be selected by a small panel of Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal Council staff and an Aboriginal person from outside of Wyndham
- We anticipate that the first meeting will take place in late July. Time and venue to be confirmed with Committee members.
- Four meetings will be held each year (more can be held if agreed by Committee members)
- If you’re unsuccessful in your application for the Committee, there will be other opportunities to work with Wyndham City Council on a range of reconciliation initiatives