We're looking for members of the Werribee South Green Wedge Steering Committee to give a voice to community members on the management of the Green Wedge area.
Applications have now closed.
Thank you to everyone who applied.
The Werribee South Green Wedge is an important agricultural, environmental and recreational area for Wyndham.
As part of State and Local Government commitments to safeguard the Green Wedge for future generations, this Steering Committee is continuing into the new council term to ensure that stakeholders have a chance to discuss matters relating to its protection and operation.
The Committee will work within the context of the Werribee South Green Wedge Policy and Management Plan, Wyndham 2040 Community Vision, and Plan Melbourne 2017-2050.
Applications closed at 11:59PM on Friday 20th August 2021. Thank you to everyone who applied.
Committee Vacancies include:
- Werribee South Farmers: 4 positions
- Werribee South Township Residents: 1 position
- Werribee South Businesses (non-farming): 1 position
- Wyndham Harbour Residents: 1 position
- Point Cook South Residents: 1 position (see Terms of Reference for map of Point Cook South area)
Selection of Committee Members will be based on the following:
- Live, work, study or volunteer in the Werribee South Green Wedge area and Point Cook South area (see Appendix 1 of the Terms of Reference – Geographic Area of the Werribee South Green Wedge: Figure 1 – Area of the Werribee South Green Wedge and Figure 4 – Point Cook South area) and be aged 16 or over
- Interest in advancing the goals in the Werribee South Green Wedge
- Demonstrated leadership and relationship-building skills
- Strong community linkages with the ability to engage a broad range of community members and views
- Willingness to constructively participate in an advisory capacity to Council
- Formal acceptance and signing of the Terms of Reference and Confidentiality Agreement
Meetings are held quarterly, at the Wyndham Civic Centre or online (pending restrictions) for 1.5 hours.
The first meeting will take place as soon as possible following selection of the Committee.
Applicants must specify the position they wish to fill, and a brief description of the experience and insights they would bring to the Committee.