Consultation for this project has concluded.
The Werribee City Centre Parking Strategy was adopted by Council in June 2019.
A copy of the strategy can be downloaded from the document library. Thank you to everyone who contributed to the development of this strategy.
The Werribee City Centre is home to more than 400 businesses and is forecast to grow significantly with more businesses, residents, workers, students and visitors.
A Draft Werribee City Centre Parking Strategy has been prepared to better manage parking and ease of access in the city and to help guide the city's growth as a vibrant and welcoming people-friendly centre.
The Draft Parking Strategy addresses the areas highlighted in the map below.
How was the Draft Parking Strategy developed?
The Draft Werribee City Centre Parking Strategy has been developed in conjunction with nationally recognised parking experts GTA Consultants. It was informed by:
- Detailed traffic analysis and other research into how parking currently operates in Werribee City Centre,
- Feedback from customers, workers , business owners and other stakeholders,
- Examination of parking management in other activity centres,
- Advice from parking experts (GTA Consultants) to move towards best practice.
Draft strategy key elements
The Draft Werribee City Centre Parking Strategy designates four parking precincts within the Werribee City Centre, each with distinct parking functions:
- City Core Precinct,
- Premium Parking Facilities (large off-street car parks),
- City Fringe Precinct,
- Train Station Precinct.
All parking within these precincts is within a 7.5 minute (500m walk of the central Watton Street – Synnot Street area).
The Draft Werribee City Centre Parking Strategy is proposed to deliver:
- More public parking as part of the Catalyst Site Developments,
- Longer parking time limits for customers,
- Additional drop-off zones, disabled parking and loading zones,
- Free customer parking throughout the City Core,
- Free short term three hour parking and long stay (3+ hours) pay per use parking at Premium Parking Facilities (large off-street car parks: Gateway, Cherry Street, West End, Riverbend Large and Wyndham Cultural Centre),
- All-day parking in Premium Parking Facilities (large off-street car parks) for a small fee.