Consultation for this project has concluded.
The Maternal and Child Health Service Statement was adopted by Council in June 2019.
A copy of the service statement can be downloaded from the document library. Thank you to everyone who contributed to the development of this statement.
On Tuesday 2 April, Council endorsed the draft Maternal and Child Health Service Statement. Prior to the statement being formally adopted, the Wyndham community are invited to provide feedback on the statement. A copy of the statement is available in the document library on the right hand side of this page.
What is the Maternal and Child Health Service Statement?
The statement was created in response to recent planning work relating to our early years health and well-being service. It affirms Council's approach to the provision of maternal and child health and associated services.
Council is committed to ensuring that Wyndham children and their families will have the opportunity to optimise their health, development and well being through access to timely and responsive Maternal and Child Health services. As outlined in the service statement we are committed to delivering services that are:
• Outcome focused - Our services and people aligned all efforts towards delivering community outcomes and improving public value.
• Agile - The City’s rapid growth means we need to quickly respond to change ensuring continuous improvement, relevancy and value-add.
• Efficient - With limited resources we need to be effective and efficient to ensure maximum public value no matter the constrains.
• Accessible - Our strategies and services need to be easy to access, equitable, affordable, clearly communicated and simply understood.
• Integrated – It is essential that we align effort across a service system to maximise community benefits
• Transparent – We have a responsibility to keep our community informed of how we use public funds.