Our Community Conversations are now underway across Wyndham.
They will bring together five groups of randomly selected people from five distinct places across Wyndham, who broadly represent the entire community.
Participants will learn about Wyndham City, discuss issues and priorities with one another, and make recommendations to inform the review of the existing Wyndham 2040 Community Vision.
The conversations will also obtain information about where the community thinks Council should focus its resources/efforts in order to inform the development of the four-year Council Plan.
Thirty thousand households were recently randomly selected from Wyndham City Council’s residential database to register their interest to participate in these sessions.
Once registration closed on 13 December 2020, 150 people were selected from those who registered their interest to take part in the community conversations.
This selection made sure that there is a diverse range of people from across the community attending.
Our Community Conversations will bring together five groups of randomly selected people from five distinct places across Wyndham, who broadly represent the entire community.
The five places are based around the below five distinct areas that align with the spatial strategy being implemented by Wyndham City for place making and service planning. Together, they represent the entire City.
- Wyndham Vale, Manor Lakes & Werribee’s West - includes the majority of Wyndham Vale, Manor Lakes and parts of Werribee, Mambourin and Little River.
- Werribee and Hoppers Crossing - includes the majority of Hoppers Crossing and Werribee and parts of Tarneit, Truganina and Werribee South.
- Point Cook and Williams Landing - includes the majority of Point Cook, Williams Landing, Laverton North and parts of Truganina and Laverton.
- Tarneit and Truganina - includes the majority of Tarneit and Truganina and parts of Mt Cottrell
- Little River, Werribee South and the rural areas - includes Quandong, Cocoroc and parts of Little River, Werribee South, Mambourin, Point Cook, Mount Cottrell and Eynesbury.
Below is an illustrative map of where the five places are located across Wyndham.