Our updated advocacy plan for Ballan Road
Thanks again for your participation and interest in our consultation for Ballan Road.
Your feedback was presented to Councillors at the Council Meeting on Tuesday 22 March and has helped us to develop a new advocacy plan for the area:
- Council’s Advocacy Strategy, Securing Wyndham’s Future, maintains the current position on Ballan Road which advocates for the duplication of Ballan Road (Armstrong Road to Bolton Road), Ballan Road and Evergreen Drive signalisation, and Ballan Road and McGrath Road signalisation.
- Council undertakes an amended staged approach to addressing traffic issues in
Wyndham’s west as follows:
- Wyndham Westlink Stage 1 is the priority to provide a direct connection to the Princes Freeway and divert traffic from the Werribee City Centre.
- In parallel, continue to advocate for the Ballan Road / McGrath Road signalisation and
Ballan Road / Evergreen Drive signalisation.
- The next phase would be to advocate for the duplication of Ballan Road (Armstrong
Road to Bolton Road).
- In parallel, continue to advocate for Wyndham Westlink Stage 2 to ultimately provide a second river crossing.
- Council undertakes a minor amendment to Securing Wyndham’s Future Advocacy
- Removing from Stage 1 – “duplication of Ballan Road and associated Regional Rail Link bridge at the Ballan Road / Armstrong Road / Hobbs Road intersection”, as this is included in the Stage 2 ask
- Adding to Stage 1 – Signalisation of the Princes Freeway off-ramp intersection with William Thwaites Drive, improving safety and reducing high risk queuing on the Princes Freeway.
- Council write to local MPs and Hon Ben Carroll, Minister for Roads and Road Safety, updating them on the amendment to Council’s advocacy position, share a copy of the community findings report and ask them what action they are / will take to ensure Ballan Road meets the community’s needs.
- Council write to key State department / stakeholders updating them on the minor
amendment to our advocacy position, share a copy of the community findings report and
ask them what action they are / will take to ensure Ballan Road meets the community’s
Many sections of Wyndham’s arterial roads have reached capacity and need urgent State Government investment.
The State Government is responsible for building and managing freeways and arterial roads such as Ballan Road, Point Cook Road and Duncan’s Road.
Our residents consistently tell us that some of the arterial roads in Wyndham are too congested, including Ballan Road.
We want your important feedback on Ballan Road, a state owned road that needs to be upgraded for residents to quickly and easily go about their daily life.
Duplicating Ballan Road between Armstrong Road to Bolton Road and upgrading
the Ballan Road/Greens Road/McGrath Road intersection are key advocacy
priorities for Council, but is this enough?
to know about your Ballan Road experiences via the mapping tool below to help support
our advocacy to the State Government. You can also submit any further comments you may have via the Feedback Form.
We know a number of other state owned roads in Wyndham need upgrades and will continue to advocate to the State Government to improve the road network for our community. You can view our list of advocacy priorities via our Advocacy Strategy, Securing Wyndham's Future.