The master plan was adopted by Council on 5 May. See document library for the final master plan.
Help shape the long-term strategy for the future use, management and development of Chirnside Park.
Chirnside Park is a valued open space area for a diverse range of community needs spanning sport, recreation and community activities, and the adjacent Werribee River is a place for the community to connect with nature and the environment.
Council has prepared the Chirnside Park Master Plan to guide the potential future improvement and development of the reserve over the next ten years (2020 – 2030).
We want to hear from you on the redevelopment of the sport, recreation, open space and community infrastructure facilities at the park to enhance its appeal, community use and functionality.
About the draft master plan
The Chirnside Park Draft Master Plan will guide the potential future development of the reserve over the coming ten years. It builds on the principles of the Wyndham Sports Strategy 2045.
The Draft Chirnside Park Master Plan proposes (please see the full Master Plan for complete details:
- Australian Rules Football/Cricket venue - circuit path around the oval, spectator hardstand areas, new under-cover spectator viewing area, renewed perimeter security fencing, new players, coaches and officials shelters, locations for temporary event seating, new ticket booth/public toilets and plaza area, and reconfiguration of existing car park adjacent to the pavilion.
- Tennis - retain 2 x existing en tout cas tennis courts and replace 2 x hard court acrylic surface with synthetic grass, new LED court lighting, upgrade/refurbish to improve building façade, disabled access and building surrounds.
- Lawn Bowls - replace existing north turf green with an undercover synthetic green, new bowling club pavilion to replace existing club facility including new maintenance/equipment storage and water tanks.
- Werribee Outdoor Pool – retain and provide necessary upgrades to support operational requirements; improve pedestrian access to the facility and establish a drop off/pick up point.
- Angling Club Building – Investigate options with the Werribee & District Angling Club to refurbish or redevelop the existing building to activate the area adjacent to Bungies Hole for the whole community.
- Trails and paths - Significant realignment of the Werribee River Shared Trail away from trees including width of path and lighting, along with initiatives to improve pedestrian circulation. Links to the town centre strengthened with two primary pedestrian points.
- Werribee river - Enhancement of the riverbank with weed removal, bank stabilisation and revegetation. Landscape improvements of the river interface at Bungies Hole. New garden beds/mulch areas and levels retained to help protect existing heritage trees throughout the park.
- Car parks - Existing car park and road access behind the bowling/tennis facilities to be removed, more effective car park design at north end of tennis courts to increase parking capacity. New car park proposed on the site of the demolished existing bowling pavilion at the south west end of the park.
How you can get involved
Complete the survey
The Draft Master Plan has been endorsed by Council for public exhibition from 7 November 2019 to 20 December 2019. The below survey is an important opportunity for community input into the planning process. Results will be used to help refine the draft master plan. The survey should take approximately five minutes to complete. The survey will close 20 December 2019.
Meet with Council staff on-site at Chrinside Park on 27 and 30 November to hear about the master plan for Chirnside Park. Find out more: https://theloop.wyndham.vic.gov.au/Chirnside-Park/key_dates#123974
Please note, you will need to register to this site before using the online engagement tools.
Have Your Say
CLOSED: This survey has concluded. Thank you to everyone who has contributed.
Chirnside Park draft master plan
The survey should take approximately 5 minutes to complete and closes on 20 December 2019.
Please download and read the draft master plan located in the document library ahead of completing the survey.
Consultation has concluded